Terms and Conditions
Refund Policy (following cancellation by the client)
Ajith Safari Jeep Tours will have no liability to pay compensation to you for any failure to properly fulfill the contract, where the failure is attributable to you. Examples would be that any member of your party is unable to travel for reasons such as failing to take his/her passport with him/her, or traveling on a passport which does not meet the requirements of entry into Sri Lanka, or to get a required tourist entry visa. Ajith Safaris assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage to property or for injury, illness or death, for any damages or claims however so caused arising directly or indirectly from war, riot strife, industrial dispute, contact with wild animals, terrorist activity, actions of governments or other state bodies, unavoidable technical problems with transport, machinery or equipment, delays, power failure, natural disaster, tsunami, fire, adverse weather conditions or levels of water in rivers, accidents from the time of pick up to drop down at hotels, or Acts of God.
• Drivers/Guides will not be accommodated for safari game drives.
• Should you wish to cancel your booking, you will need to send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangements to refund the correct portion of your total invoice. Please note this may take up to 3-5 weeks. Due to the stringent foreign exchange controls enforced by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka the required process is complicated and time consuming. We cannot simply remit your dues out of Sri Lanka until we obtain Foreign Exchange approval from the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
• 5 weeks or more before arrival: 75% of the performa invoice value (excluding transfers to and from Ajith Safaris to other parts of the country) to be refunded.
• Less than 5 weeks and more than 2 weeks before arrival: 50% of the performa invoice value (excluding transfers to and from Ajith Safaris to other parts of the country) to be refunded.
• 2 weeks or less before arrival: There will not be any refund.
• Client must bare all local & foreign bank transfer fees and credit card commissions if any for a refund.
• Refund Policy (following cancellation by Ajith Safaris) – To date Ajith Safaris has never had to cancel a booking. The safety of the client is of utmost importance to us, and in extremely rare circumstances Ajith Safaris may need to cancel your holiday due to natural disasters, or other unforeseen circumstances. In such an event Ajith Safaris will guarantee the following refunds:
- Prior to arrival: 100% of the Performa invoice value (excluding transfers to and from Ajith Safaris to other parts of the country) to be refunded.
- During your holiday: 80% of the Performa invoiced value for the number of safaris Cancelled will be refunded.
• We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards only. (Additional 3% Bank Fee will be applicable).
• Alternatively, direct deposits can be made to the following account (all bank charges should be incurred by the depositor):
Ajith Safari Lodge
Sampath Bank PLC, Colombo 2, Sri Lanka
Swift Code: CCEYLKLX
Account Number: 102814002282
• Client must bare all local & foreign bank transfer fees and credit card commissions if any.
• Comprehensive Travel Insurance covering cancellation, curtailment, medical expenses, emergency travel, and personal accident, personal baggage and money loss is compulsory for all participants on any and all Safaris or tour offered by Ajith Safaris. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit to cover you for cancellation from that time.
• The client acknowledges that it is his/ her responsibility to take insurance. The client undertakes to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover his/her personal requirements.
• Please note that credit card travel insurance is inadequate for a Safari/ Tour.
By confirming the booking and making payment, you have agreed to our terms & conditions.